My friend Sarah challenged/instructed/ordered/commanded me to make a list of 30 random things. I thought I might as well share all this randomness with the blog world. Warning: There is excessive usage of the pronouns I, me, and my. I guess that makes this post all about me. Thanks for reading even though I know you have many more appealing subjects to read about!
1. I love my iPad.
2. I feel deeply, laugh readily, and cry easily.
3. I sewed today for the first time in about eight years. Four straight lines on new curtains and it worked!
4. I am reading through the Bible this year, only my second time to do so.
5. Leviticus. Wow.
6. Chocolate makes the world go around. And me round.
7. I am sorting through different emotions pertaining to my first daughter getting married next month: joy over her Christian husband, sadness that it feels like I am losing her, happiness that there will be less laundry and more makeup in my bathroom after July 20.
8. My hubby has worked hard for 28 years, nearly 25 of those as the sole provider for our family. So thankful.
9. In the last two months, I have painted eight rooms and a hallway in our house.
10. Words fascinate me.
11. Francine Rivers’ Mark of the Lion historical fiction series might be my all time favorite read, although there are many others I have devoured, analyzed, and loved.
12. I am excited to see what God has for us to do in the area He is moving us to.
13. My hair is a haircut in progress all the time.
14. Pet peeves are slightly warm milk, unflushed toilets, grammatical and spelling errors in published works, borrowed makeup that is not returned, and sticky goo in my silverware drawers. (Not an exhaustive list.)
15. Ceiling fans are a necessity. Well, not really, but it seems like it.
16. I am so blessed by God that I feel spoiled.
17. I have seven great kids. Still can’t believe that.
18. Some jobs I am glad others will do because I will not: semi truck driver, trash man (because see, I am not a man, so I really can’t do this one), obstetrician and any other medical profession, septic system service man, engineer, chemist, and soldier. (Not an exhaustive list.)
19. I am completely humble about no. 18, knowing full well that God could call me to any of those professions.
20. Hoping God doesn’t call me to the professions listed in no. 18.
21. Space filler because Sarah told me I have to come up with 30 random things and that is a bunch.
22. Cookies are my favorite dessert. With ice cold milk.
23. I rarely use a recipe as is.
24. My mom is an amazing lady.
25. My future son-in-law is going to be a good husband for my opinionated daughter. Bless. His. Heart.
26. We had temporary paper shades on our windows for eight years.
27. I sucked my thumb until I was four years old, at which time my dad bribed me with, “If you stop sucking your thumb, I will take you to town and buy you a new dress and a new pair of shoes.” It worked.
28. I wish kittens didn’t turn into cats.
29. I wish cats didn’t eat bunnies.
30. Sunsets, sunrises, clouds, ocean waves, newborn babies, worship music, mountains, and money to buy everything we need and a lot of what we want all cause me to remember the Lord and His love, creative power, and generous provision. (Not an exhaustive list.)
Janice Powell 2013